What’s the one animal on earth that doesn’t know what to eat?
That’s right. What other animals reach for food that lacks nutrition when they’re hungry? Can you think of any other species that consume packaged food that could sit on the shelf for a year and still be… “good?”
Now listen, we know humans can’t hunt down their food daily like a cheetah might. But we CAN make a daily effort to fuel our bodies with fresh, nutritious foods. Research shows that when adults consume a healthy diet filled with veggies, fruit, healthy grains and oils, and lean protein, they will reap the following benefits:
- Boosted immunity
- Healthier digestive system
- Lower risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
- Stronger muscles and bones
- And more!
But what does this all have to do with work? Well, what we have found after 20 years in workplace wellness is pretty simple: healthy employees are more productive employees. You want your employees to reach for healthier foods on a regular basis because not only will their health benefit, but so will your business.
How do I get my team to eat healthier? Two ideas:
- Make healthy eating accessible by modeling yourself AND providing them with healthy snack/meal options at work!
- Partner with DHS and we will make you tailored workplace wellness that addresses the unique needs of your company. From wellness classes and an onsite nurse to onsite clinics – we will be your partner in sickness and in health!
Your partner in eating healthy.
Discovery Health Services
Wellness options that your employees care about are essential to meaningful impact. Through our programs and technology, you will collect actionable data to address productivity, inform hiring decisions, and increase profits.
Only Discovery Health Services (DHS) offers a new approach to workplace wellness that helps both businesses – and their people – thrive.